Friday, November 19, 2010

Is it possible i have tetanus? how long do tetanus shots last?

I was changing out the wheel bearings on my 15 year old Trans Am and while removing one of the bolts with an Air gun, one of the bolts sliced into my finger (i was pressing the trigger and the washer part of the bolt spun into my finger at several hungred RPMS i'm sure).



the bolt was pretty rusty but I did spray it down with a rust penetrant minutes before... It sliced kind of deep but strangely didnt bleed. After I washed it with antibacterial soap i squeeze pretty hard and managed to get a drop of blood to come out. I want to stress that it WAS deep, but or some really bizarre reason it wasn't bleeding a lot.



I know I've had tetanus shots almost 10 years ago if not sooner. How long are they good for? Should I be worried? I put antibiotics on it.



It tingles a little bit which is a symptom of a tetanus infection but I also gotta figure that a cut is bound tingle or feel pain a little bit.Is it possible i have tetanus? how long do tetanus shots last?
Make sure it bleeds a lot then squeeze it, it's of course to late now. Then clean it with hot soapy water them an astringent and then to be sure if you want get a tetanus shot every two years.Is it possible i have tetanus? how long do tetanus shots last?
You are supposed to get a tetanus shot every ten years. So you might be okay... I would ask a doctor if you start having any symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment