Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I need to know how to change a Bottom Bracket on 3 pc. crank on my bike?

I did this before, I need to change the bottom bracket and bearings on my 3 pc. crank on my bike, I have the correct tools and all but I forget how to do it.I need to know how to change a Bottom Bracket on 3 pc. crank on my bike?
romove the non drive side crank, take the chain of the sprocket, and slide the whole chank/gear/axel, assembly ouf of the BB. Euro style BB youhave to un thread out of the frame, american, are pressed in, as well as spanish and mid make sure they are in straight and line up right so the axle will slide back into place with no hold ups, and see that it spins freely. put the other crank arm back on making sure it exactly 180 degrees of the other, best way is let one pedal drop down, because it will be plum(Vertical) and hold onto the pedal of the other crank and slide on as best you can like that, then push everything back into place and slip the cain back on and you're good to goI need to know how to change a Bottom Bracket on 3 pc. crank on my bike?
http://bicycletutor.com/bottom-bracket/
  • web hosting talk
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment