Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I donate a car to an EV developer?

I have a 1999 Saturn SL1 with 160K miles.

Free to the right person.

It is a 5 speed standard in fairly good condition except the engine.

Once too often I let the oil change go a week too long, or so. Now there is a clacking noise coming from one of the internal bearings.

This car would make a great electric conversion and I will give it to anyone wishing to use it for this project. (technically I will sell it to you for $1.00, unless you are an established charity able to handle donations.)



The current registration is good until November. It is currently in the Sebago Lakes Region of Maine, and the engine is good for some unknown number of miles. Maybe 100, maybe 10k? I have removed the car from my insurance policy, and the state inspection is overdo.How do I donate a car to an EV developer?
----

Easy! Advertise it on this board (it's free) where the EV builders hang out.

*

http://www.austinev.org/evtradinpost/

*

You could sell it, or donate it. Sounds like someone would be glad to have it.

-----How do I donate a car to an EV developer?
give it to your local high school autoshop, they will love you for it and it goes to teach our kids how to work on cars
Try the universities around your area. I work for a transportation research program in my university's engineering department. I know if we were closer I'd snatch that up in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment