Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How much torque is need on my wheel axle hub nut?

I am changing my wheel bearings on my Chevy Cavalier and I need to know how much toque I need to have on the drive axle hub nut (the large one in the center) when I put it back together. Is it alright just to tighten it up snug like you do to the wheel lug nuts? ThanksHow much torque is need on my wheel axle hub nut?
I believe it is 150 # then continue to the next point where you can install the cotter pin.How much torque is need on my wheel axle hub nut?
No make sure you tighten it down tight not hand tight or snug but tight.Then make sure thats it is far enough back and tight then place the carter key on the hole of the axle. Remember to tightn
i think when you tighten the nut on to the hub it may not require any ';torqueing'; except enough snugging to push the carter key to lock the nut into position



You should have removed a carter pin (some call it a key) to remove the nut



the hub will have a hole in it and the nut will have a set of slots(or multiple slots) to position as you snug the nut to place the carter pin
The repair Manuel states, Driveaxle hub nut..............159 Ft-Lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment