Sunday, November 21, 2010

Daewoo Cielo 1.5 DOHC ,damaged bearings,still working very strong?

I have a Daewoo Cielo 1.5 DOHC with 183000 Km on clock. Recently I noticed a strange knocking sound from engine. First I was suspicious about head cylinder ,then I found out the sound is louder when engine is under the load. So it should be bearings.

It happened 4 weeks ago and exactly after I changed the engine oil with Castrol Magnetic 10W40 which is thin oil.

Last week I again changed the with thick one (Shell 25W60) no the knocking sound is better but still exist (especially above 2200 rpm).I think it is one of the bearings which is damaged.

It is not worth to open the engine because the car itself is 2000$.I have 10 months of rego of car.So I want to know what should I do to increase the life of engine to the end of rego (Next 10 months).



I have started driving in low rpm.Since this engine has a good low end torque and also very high turqe compare with other 1.5 engines. It is a manual and I go to fifth gear at speed of 60 to 70Km/h and still engine is strong and accelerating.



Please tell how long I can drive with damaged bearings in low rpm and with thick oil?



Daniel

Daewoo Cielo 1.5 DOHC ,damaged bearings,still working very strong?
DANIEL there's no way to know....thick oil might muffle the noise but its not fixing the issue...chances are its a rod bearing....for the price of a gasket and a bearing it may be your best bet to chance it....good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment