Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mazda 626 1992 GE 2.5L V6 Manual - Gear Box Removal?

G'Day



I have a Mazda 626 1992 GE 2.5L V6 with Manual Transmission. I need to take out the gear box to change the bearings and clutch but need some help on doing this.



Would someone be able to run me through how to remove the gearbox including any tips on what to do and what not to do, Or if theres a tutoriol you could direct me to I want really appreciate it! I havent really done anything to big like this before so it would be great if things were explained in detail! :P



Thanks in advance for any help!

NathanMazda 626 1992 GE 2.5L V6 Manual - Gear Box Removal?
FWD clutch job are a nightmare. Last year I swap out Honda Integra FWD clutch and I though I was gonna DIE.



Basically you have to



(1) hoist up the engine

(2) unbolt EVERY SINGLE screw and bolt on the engine

(3) un-do the steering knuckle

(4) remove the CV joint

(5) brace the tranny from below using a jack

(6) separate the tranny from the engine

(7) replace the clutch and bearing

(8) reverse all the process.



You will have so many screws and bolts, that you will be lucky to find all of them back into their original place.



I WOULD NOT do it again - and I love working on cars.

===

Do yourself a favor and take it to a tranny shop.



Good Luck...



P.S. It is not a one man job.



=== UPDATE ===



I live in NYC. Everything is expensive here. I think the cost of a clutch job on a Japanese car cost about $400 here (if I remember correctly).Mazda 626 1992 GE 2.5L V6 Manual - Gear Box Removal?
go to hmatraining.com



click uper left corner for orginal site then click manuel transmission section it will walk you through parts and disaemibly



its not same kind of transmission but so close you can use it as refernce
if you dont have any heavy mechanical experience i recomend you, dont do it



because you can harm the clutch kit on instalation and.... then you have to remove trans once again and more money to spend and time



you can expet to pay like 250 - 500 with parts included

No comments:

Post a Comment