Friday, November 19, 2010

Question about 1997 Ford Ranger?

My driver's front tire makes a squealing noise as I drive or make any left turns. If I turn the wheel to the right, it makes no noise. I changed the inner and outer bearings plus put on a new caliper. Nothing seems to get rid of the noise. I put on a new serpentine belt plus the power steering pump is brand new. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I can fix the noise. It's annoying and I can't take it anymore. HELP?Question about 1997 Ford Ranger?
I know it might sound dumb but did you check if the tire is rubbing against the plastic guard??Question about 1997 Ford Ranger?
I'm thinking along the lines of an alignment issue. Maybe too much toe-out on the drivers side. The more the toe is out, then the more your dragging the tire down the road. If you turn the wheel to the right then you are straightening out the tire therefore it is not dragging. Just an educated guess.
I agree with the alignment as your problem. Though I would lean towards camber....either way, get the front end checked.
do you have hub caps or rims?

No comments:

Post a Comment