Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Anyone want some free points?

alright i am having problems with the muffler bearings in my 1959 ford mustang. everytime i stomp on the gas and the revs get too 9000rpms i hear an awful grinding from the muffler. i am wondering how to change the bearings out of the muffler and where to find them. also does anyone know where i can find some winter air for my tires.



lolAnyone want some free points?
Try putting in more 710.

Your problem cropped up because you're not burning enough oil causing the bearing to dry out. The 59's need to be running more around 12K in order to properly lubricate these bearings. I would suggest a complete exhaust rebuild as your bearings are most likely rust dust by now. Put in an aftermarket oiler into the exhaust manifold. I would also update the clutch with a varispeed clutch, this will keep your rpm's up regardless of your speed.



I've not been a fan of winter air as it keeps the tires hard. If you want better handling and a smoother ride, I would suggest you upgrade to special dry summer air from Tucson, AZ -- it's the best.



I keep my blinker fluids as low as I can because I found that too much will cause all the wire smoke to leak out. Once that leaks out, it's a real pain to get it back in to get the blinkers to work again.



Good luck with this...Anyone want some free points?
Just bang on it with a left handed crescent wrench
Have you changed your blinker fluid? I change mine every 3,000 blinks
First off there is no such thing as a 69 mustang, and there are no moving parts in the mufler, and theres no such thing as winter air, lol
john S.. the mustangs started in 64 @ 1/2 and there IS a 69 mustang and to the op.. here is the exact store you need to search at for parts.



LOL



http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pag鈥?/a>
Just replace the muffler with a good, quality, ';O'; pipe and you'll be good to go.
Winter air? Smh

No comments:

Post a Comment