Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I have a 2005 chevy cavalier and would like to know how much would it roughly cost to change the calipers.?

Recently I heard a squeaky noise coming from the front of the car so I took it to the mechanic and learned that I have to change the hub bearings so I did; however the noise is back but not as laud as before and only sometimes. Someone told me that the calipers might be broken. My question is how much would it cost to rebuild them or buy them new. I want to have a rough estimate so that when I go to the mechanic I will know what to expect. Thanks.I have a 2005 chevy cavalier and would like to know how much would it roughly cost to change the calipers.?
your calipers are probably fine, take the brakes apart and if there not leaking any brake fluid and the pistons push back in there fine, if you need new rotors they are only about $18 each.I have a 2005 chevy cavalier and would like to know how much would it roughly cost to change the calipers.?
The calipers shouldn't be broken, it is probably the disc pads worn out
who is this guy...calipers dn't go badlike they used to,especially an '05. hub bearing would have been a rolling roaring noise..jack up front end and take off tires...see the caliper...pads are between caliper and rotor.....how much material i still on pad...there is a metal tab on edge of pad close to touching rotor...could be noise you are hearing..pads are easily changed after forcing caliper piston in, and removing caliper......spin a lug nut on to hold rotor in place. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment