Friday, November 19, 2010

Problems with defective wheel bearings in 05 Ford Escape?

My Escape started making a noise at about 35,000 miles. At the time the dealership said it was the tires. I replaced the tires. The noise did not change at all and now has progressively worsened and now they are telling me the right, left AND center wheel bearings need to be replaced (at my expense since now the car has 42,000 miles). They did say the bearings are still sealed and there is no water damage and no other obvious damage. I think they must be defective and Ford should replace them as from what I understand it would be very unlikely for all 3 to just go out at 35,000 miles. I'd like to know if Ford has addressed this problem for anyone else and also if anyone has any ideas on how to make Ford provide the parts and repairs at no cost to me.Problems with defective wheel bearings in 05 Ford Escape?
I searched at the NHTSA-odi (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - office of defects investigations)website %26amp; found no other ; complaints, recalls, investigations, or technical service bulletins regarding wheel bearings on '05 Ford Escapes.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/



When it was recommended to replace the tires at 35000

miles %26amp; that did NOT solve the problem, you should have let the service dept. know this IMMEDIATELY.

It seems unusual (to me) that you would replace tires that soon, but I have no idea as to what kind of driving conditions you have.

Waiting, to complain, for another 7000 miles %26amp; an expiring warranty was not a wise decision on your part.



You should call Ford Customer Assistance The contact information %26amp; procedure is in your owners manual.

Or you can download your owners manual here:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/co鈥?/a>

see page 230



the info is also printed on the 1st page of your warranty book:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/co鈥?/a>Problems with defective wheel bearings in 05 Ford Escape?
see my answer on your other posting
  • unblock people on myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment