Sunday, November 21, 2010

I would like to know what is involved in changing the steering rack gaiter on my 1990 mitsubishi space wagon?

my car failed its mot and i am trying to find information on how to change the steering rack gaiter on my 1990 mitsubishi spacewagon and how to adjust or replace the wheel bearings.????

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.!!!!!!!!I would like to know what is involved in changing the steering rack gaiter on my 1990 mitsubishi space wagon?
guide for replacing the steering rack gaiter.



remove the road wheel

remove the split pin on track rod end

crack off the 17 mm lock nut

undo the 17 mm castle nut on the track rod end

un wind the track rod end counting how many turns

undo the cable tie and spring clip securing the gaiter

replace gaiter and refit all bit in the reverse order recountiong the threads as you refit the track rod end.

the wheel bearings are not adjustable and i would not consider this a diy job.

if you book the car into a garage expect to pay

0.5 hr for rack gaiter

2.0 hr for a front wheel bearing

0.5 hr for a rear wheel bearing

btw

15 years mitsi experience i have never needed to replace a space wagon wheel bearing so would suspect any play in yours might be a ball joint.I would like to know what is involved in changing the steering rack gaiter on my 1990 mitsubishi space wagon?
if you no what ur doing it will be no problem how ever if your looking for one for spares i have one for sale if intrested
  • miniature poodles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment