Saturday, November 13, 2010

How to change front bearings?

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango and it has been making a roaring/humming noise when I drive usually it gets loud when I get up to 15-20 mph. The rpm's are fine and it doesn't overheat so I suspected my wheel bearings. This morning, I jacked up the front and tested both tires. The passenger side had a lot of play in it and when I spun the wheel, it made a slight grinding noise as if something was rubbing. The driver side did not make this noise.



1) is this a problem with the bearings?

2) if yes, what goes into replacing them?

3) is there a website that gives step-by-step instructions for replacing them?How to change front bearings?
It sounds to me like a problem with the wheel bearings. To replace the front wheel bearings I suggest google searching ';how to replace front wheel bearings';. This is a good video that would be helpful to you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSykJguO鈥?/a> .

I suggest MIBearings LLC for New Wheel Bearings. They have USA made wheel bearings at very good prices.How to change front bearings?
2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive???
Wheel bearing for sure..take wheel off, look behind the hub where the wheel bolts. there will be three bolts that need to come out. take those out and beat on the outside of the bearing assembly or pry it out of the knuckle with a thin flathead or prybar. honestly not a hard job.



ps...new bearing assembly will come with new wheel studs.
  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment