Saturday, November 13, 2010

How hard is it to change wheel bearings on a Hyundai Tiburon?

I went to get my car aligned today and they said I needed to have new wheel bearings installed and I thought well I could save 80 dollars if I do it myself. I was wondering how to really do that I kinda got the jist of it but would like a detailed description of it and if I could do it easily?How hard is it to change wheel bearings on a Hyundai Tiburon?
I'm sure you could do it yourself,just remove the tire ,then remove the brake caliber ,now you will need to remove the grease cap %26amp; nut that holds the brake rotor onto the spindle(axle)You might have a carter key that you need to remove brfore you can get the nut off,pull out on the rtor a little bite and the front bearing should fall out %26amp; the back bearing that's in the back if the rotor would need to be knocked out,you will need to knock the rear bearing out from the front of the rotor. - 000000000000000000000000000How hard is it to change wheel bearings on a Hyundai Tiburon?
my best advise is to spend the 80 bucks and have them do it because if they screw it up then its on them, or if they break something then its on them as well and its slightly complicated to describe

No comments:

Post a Comment