Saturday, November 13, 2010

Is it difficult to change rear wheel bearings on 2004 Kia Rio. Do I need any special tools for this?

Tirediscounters say's my rear bearings are bad on my 2004 Kia Rio Cinco Wagon. I want to change them myself to save money.How hard is it ? I have some experience working on carsIs it difficult to change rear wheel bearings on 2004 Kia Rio. Do I need any special tools for this?
If the thing has a straight axle, it shouldn't be a major problem. If it has struts, hire it out.Is it difficult to change rear wheel bearings on 2004 Kia Rio. Do I need any special tools for this?
For a reliable job you need the following:

Lug nut wrench

torque wrench

around a 32mm socket for the castle nut

correct torque specs for the castle nut (usually around 190 ft lbs)

a properly packed bearing (need to have ribbons of grease coming out the top)

jack/stand(s)

socket wrench with proper socket for caliper bolts

a bungee cord to suspend the caliper



im sure i missed something but im also sure you dont have these tools, so question answered :)



If im wrong, just send me a message for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment